The CocoFlax Hooligan is going to bring out the inner surf rampage, break down the traditional surf style rules and mix things up on the wave with an aggressively modern and classic style!
This Kym Thompson, high-performance longboard, breaks the rules with quick and dynamic carving, combined with traditional style for intermediate- to advanced surfers. The use ofuni-directional Flax Fiber rails means stronger rails and less fiberglass on your board.
Not shaving down a complete blank, but using precision-moulded blanks that require infinitely less shaping is also a great way to reduce the amount of dust by 95%.
Rail: Full, tucked edge
Bottom: Concave into Vee
Ideal waves: 1- 6ft
Level: Beginner – Expert
- A CocoFlax Hooligan design combines the responsiveness of a narrow shortboard tail plus rail profiles to create a longboard that carves unlimited lines and hits the lip.
- The advanced surfer will appreciate loads of hollowed V under the feet to give quick rail-to-rail turns.
- Use a small single fin for small surf then add side biters and larger center fin as wave size and power increases.
- The Flax version of the Hooligan comes with a tail patch for additional durability, while the Blue version does without it, tipping the scales a little less. The NSP Hooligan is a Kym Thompson shape.
- The Hooligan comes with a center slot and two FCS II boxes for quick fin installation and release.
- The round tail is a key element in the Hooligan’s unusual agility.
The CocoFlax Hooligan is available with either FCS ll side fin box set-up or NSP’s new FTU fin boxes (compatible with Futures® fins) and Surf 10 center fin box.
|Length||Width||Thickness||Volume||Weight +/- 5%|
|8'4"||22"||2" ⁷/⁸||61.3 Liters||5.27 kg|
|9'0"||22.5"||3"||69.8 Liters||5.73 kg|
About Kym Thompson
Starting at the young age of 15, Kym Thompson made designing surfboards his life’s work and to this day he designed and shaped everything from single fin boards, right down to all multi-fin configurations.
Originally Kym began his career shaping longboards and as the shortboard era took hold, Kym advanced his skills and transitioned his designs to meet the demands of the market.
From the beginning, dating back to 2001, Kym and NSP built a strong partnership with Kym being the mastermind behind the popular PU Heritage Series. His Endless, Hooligan, Dream Rider and Fighting Fish shapes are now integrated in the light weight and sustainable Cocomat and Coco Flax series.
NSP is looking forward to continuing a long tradition of bringing high quality, innovative, yet affordable surfboards by Kym Thompson to the market.
Cocoflax Hooligan construction diagram
Flax Fiber Rails
In 2019, NSP introduces uni-directional (UD) Flax fiber rails to its (already) eco-friendly CocoMat series. Flax is a highly durable and naturally reinforced fiber that allows a board construction with significantly less fiberglass, which reduces our overall carbon footprint.